Browsers and Memory footprints
Was getting sick of Firefox 3.6 taking up tons of memory, so I did an experiment with a couple browsers.
The experiment involved the following:
- 24 tabs / sites open at a time (same ones)
- Same bookmark count on all
Browsers tested on a MacBook Pro:
- Safari (latest)
- Firefox 3.6
- Camino 2.0.x
- Chrome beta
So based on the criteria the memory footprints were as follows:
- Safari - 250 M
- Firefox 3.6 - 350 M (remember the days of mosaic 2m install?)
- Camino 2.0.x - 175 M (better)
- Chrome Beta - 65.5 M (nice, more memory to work with)
I using Chrome from now on.